Sutton in Ashfield Rambling Club
Rambling Programme - Supplementary Information
Note, this is an archive of the site. Visit the NEW SUTTON RAMBLING CLUB WEBSITE
Rambles in the Peak District, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Staffordshire
We enjoy fortnightly Sunday rambles with a coach journey to the destination, incorporating a wide range of scenery. There’s no necessity to book in advance. Please click for the latest rambles calendar and details of the next ramble.
1. Coach Departure. We are currently using Skills coach company and there are a number of departure points available. (With the agreement of the leader other pick-up points on the bus route may be available).
|"Staff of Life" pub, Hack Lane
|Langford Street end, opposite Asda
|Eastfield Side, (Blue Bell)
|Opposite Nell Gwyn pub, Sutton Road
|Bancroft Lane(outside new Asda store), Sutton Road
All rambles finish no later than 6.30 pm. Distance approx 10 miles with invariably shorter options.
Winter rambles finish earlier in accordance with the available daylight. These walks will usually be of a shorter duration.
2. Evening Rambles. Our summer programme will include a popular range of monthly local rambles of 4/5 miles duration.
3. General Advice.To enhance your enjoyment of the walks we would advise you to bring the following items with you:
- Comfortable walking boots
- Waterproof cagoule and overtrousers
- Packed lunch/tea and sufficient liquid (we normally visit a pub or café but there are exceptions)
- Sufficient spare clothing-fleece, jacket, gloves, hat, sunhat (depending on season)
- Waterproof mat to sit on during breaks.
- Basic first-aid kit (plasters as a minimum)
- Mobile phone (this is optional and some of the areas we cover do not have reception)
- Map, compass, whistle, penknife, suncream
Club donation to NCH charity
4. Special Notices
- Participants of walks take part at their own risk
- Any participants seen to be dropping litter or behaving in an antisocial manner will be barred from attending future rambles
- No dogs or other animals allowed on the coach.
- Participants must not smoke on the coach
- The club do not accept and are not insured for members who leave the main party. It is very important to notify the leader if you decide to leave the main group. The leaders spend a lot of time and effort in planning the walks and both existing members and new members are encouraged to support the leader and stay with him for the duration of the ramble.
We hope you enjoy walking with the Sutton in Ashfield Rambling Club.